Assaults/Fights On School Campus
School Sponsored Activities
1. Send for help;
2. Approach the situation with caution and with another adult, if possible;
3. Identify yourself verbally in a loud voice;
4. Demand combatants to separate in a loud voice;
5. Separate combatants if possible and if safe to do so;
6. Identify witness(es) to the assault;
7. Remove one of the students from the area;
8. Notify school administration.
Not in Progress (after the assault):
1. Accompany the combatants to a safe place and separate them;
2. Remain with combatants;
3. Notify building administration.
1. Provide first-aid if necessary;
2. Investigate situation through eyewitness accounts;
3. Assign disciplinary sanctions;
4. Notify parents/guardians;
5. Notify police if appropriate.
In Case of Emergency . . . Dial 911